Undergraduate Admissions Process
- Submit our online application OR
Submit the Common Application for the University of Hartford AND complete The Hartt School supplemental application here or through Acceptd.
Please Note: Composition applicants must complete the supplemental application through Acceptd and upload sample scores and recordings at the same time
Application deadlines can be found here.
- Submit the following supporting documents. All documents must be received at least
two weeks before the applicant's audition and/or interview.
Describe your short and long term career plans. Please include:
A. What life experience(s) caused you to want to pursue the arts?
B. How do you perceive that The Hartt School will prepare you for your professional
♦Resume: Performance resume for all applicants required to audition. Major related
experience from all applicants. For information on what to include visit our FAQ page.
♦Repertoire list: Required for all music applicants. Not required for dance or theatre. For information on what to include visit our FAQ page.
♦Sample Compositions: For composition applicants only. Please submit 2 or 3 scores, and
recordings if available, through Acceptd.
♦Photo: Theatre, Dance, and Voice applicants only. Theatre applicants should submit a
headshot, dance applicants should submit a full length photo in dance attire, and voice
applicants should submit a full length photo in concert attire.
♦Have two artistic letters of recommendation from teachers or professionals sent by the
recommender to the Hartt Admissions Office by mail or by email.
- Have your official SAT/ACT scores and official high school transcript submitted to the University of Hartford. Your guidance office can submit these either electronically or through the mail. The University of Hartford also accepts test scores reported by high school guidance counselors on an official transcript. If you are requesting test scores directly from College Board or ACT, our school codes are: SAT - 3436; ACT - 0606
- If you have prior college credit, please have official transcripts sent to the University of Hartford Office of Admission from all colleges or universities attended. For transfer credit evaluation purposes, please also send course descriptions to The Hartt School Admissions Office in hard copy or by email.
- If you are an international applicant, click here to view additional requirements.
If you are a transfer applicant, click here to view additional requirements.
- Submit the $40 audition/interview fee. This fee is waived for students who audition and interview on December 13th.
Please send all paper materials to:
University of Hartford
Office of Admission
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117