Connecticut Children's Chorus
Auditions for the 2016-2017 academic year will be held at our annual Audition Festival on June 12, 2016. If you are interested in more information about our choral program, please contact our Main Campus Office at (860) 768-4451. Click here for audition guidelines.
Request an Audition
Connecticut Children’s Chorus (CCC) unites the youth of greater Hartford through our unparalleled choral training program. We create life-changing musical experiences for highly passionate and skilled young musicians in a supportive, community-centered environment where students’ enthusiasm and love for music is nurtured. Our singers transcend social barriers, make meaningful connections, and build important life skills, while celebrating global awareness.
The award-winning Connecticut Children’s Chorus (CCC) is the region’s most comprehensive auditioned youth choral program. Founded in 1991 within The Hartt School Community Division, CCC has grown from one 60-voice choir to six choirs encompassing over 200 students (grades 1 through 12) from 46 Connecticut communities. Through a variety of musical experiences guided by dedicated, accomplished directors, choir members have the opportunity to:
- Develop comprehensive musicianship skills including reading music notation, healthy vocal production, ear training, movement, and musical interpretation.
- Engage in music making through a rich repertoire of choral music from different time periods and different cultures.
- Perform with professional musical organizations such as the Hartford Symphony, the Hartford Chorale, the New Haven Chorale, the Hartt Symphony, other outstanding children’s choirs from around the country, and professional tour artists that come through Connecticut.
- Develop self-esteem and a sense of musical accomplishment.
- Interact with other passionate and skilled peers from different towns in the Hartford area.
- Travel to choral festivals and conferences in the U.S. and abroad.
- Work with professional composers and guest directors.
Every other summer, members of Concert, Connecticut Men’s, and Primi Voci choirs are welcome to join their conductors on an international performance tour. Tours are open to choir members and their families at an additional cost (not included in annual tuition). Past tours include travel to France, Austria, Italy, and Ireland.
The Choirs of the Connecticut Children's Chorus
Lauren Torres, Director
- For students in grades 1-3. Rehearsals at the University Magnet School
- 5:30 to 6:30pm
Dr. Vanessa Bond, Director
- For students in grades 3-5. Rehearsals at the University Magnet School
- 5:30 to 6:45pm
Lillie Feierabend, Director
- For students in grades 5-7. Rehearsals at the University Magnet School
- 5:30 to 7:00pm
Meredith Neumann, Director
- For students with treble voices in grades 7-9. Rehearses at the University Magnet School
- 5:30 to 7:30pm*
Connecticut Men's Choral Ensemble
Bryan Zaros, Director
- For males with changing or changed voices (up to grade 12).
- 5:30 to 7:30pm*
Mark Singleton, Director
- For treble voices grades 9 and up.
- 5:30 to 7:30pm*
*Concert Choir, Men's Choir and Primi Voci will meet from 5:30 to 7:00pm with 7:00 to 7:30pm designated as flexible rehearsal times for sectionals, solo work or an extended rehearsals.
||Tuition for Private
|CT Men's Choir
Tuition is for the entire school year.
*Tuition is $174 per year for Community Division private lesson students, University of Hartford Magnet School students, and University High School of Science and Engineering students.
A $25 registration fee may apply.
Please see the registration
pages for more information on Community Division policies.
For more information, contact the Hartt Community Division office at (860) 768-4451 or email@example.com or the CCC General Manager.