Please register your vehicle within one week of enrollment.
The Department of Public Safety at the University of Hartford strives to maintain a safe, productive, and enjoyable campus environment. As a result, they manage and monitor vehicles parked on the University campus.
Effective August 22, 2015, HCD students will be required to register their vehicles in order to park on the University of Hartford campus. This applies to our main campus and Handel Performing Arts Center locations, but does not apply to our Simsmore Square or other satellite locations. Students must re-register their vehicle(s) each year, regardless of if they have done so in the past.
In order to register your vehicle, you must utilize our Self-Service Center. Accessing this website is only possible once your enrollment materials have been received and processed by our office. Please note it may take up to 7 to 10 business days from the date of receipt for our office to process your enrollment materials, but we strive to input this information as soon as we are able. If your HCD registration has not yet been processed and subsequently you cannot register your vehicle, please try again in a few business days.
Click here for directions on registering your vehicles
- This registration is for individuals only participating in University activities through the Hartt School Community Division. Students enrolled in University classes and faculty/staff will need to register their vehicles through Public Safety at 860.768.7985. Vehicle registrations with ID numbers associated with University students or faculty/staff members will not be registered using this system.
- Once you have submitted your vehicle(s) registration information, you will be able to park on the University of Hartford campus (good for Parking Lot D and the Handel Performing Arts Center only). This applies to all non-designated parking spots and excludes red parking spaces and all faculty parking spaces.
- Please register ALL vehicles that will be parked in these locations; multiple vehicles can be registered to a single student ID number. Please note there is a limit of two vehicles per student.
- You will not need to display a parking placard or visible permit as vehicle information is queried by Public Safety prior to a ticket being issued.
- In the event that you change vehicles, you must submit another vehicle registration for that vehicle, even if the plate stays the same.
- If you are ticketed, please contact the Hartt School Community Division main office with your student name and ID number. We will need a copy of the citation in order to resolve the issue.
Please note that the vehicle registration process is the responsibility of the student/family.
How to Register your Vehicle
- Access the Self-Service website at hartford.edu/selfserve
- Click "Secure Login for Students, Faculty, Staff, and Alumni"
- Use your University of Hartford ID and password to log on
Please email HCDBills@hartford.edu or call 860.768.4451 if:
i. You do not know your ID number
ii. You do not know your password
iii. You do not know your security questions
iv. You have any issues logging in at all
IMPORTANT: Do not call the help desk nor contact ITS (Information Technology Services).
Only the Hartt Community Division can help you log in.
New students: the password/PIN will default to the first initial of the student’s last name, plus the date of birth in MMDDYYYY format. For example, Jane Doe with a birthdate of 01/02/2015 would have a PIN of D01022015.
Current students: if you need password assistance, please call the Hartt Community Division at (860) 768-4451.
- If, during any of the next steps, you experience issues, please contact the Hartt Community Division at HCDBills@hartford.edu or 860.768.4451. IMPORTANT: do not call Public Safety. Only the Hartt Community Division can help you with this.
- Under the Personal Information Tab, click "Public Safety / Parking"
- Read the text regarding "Your Car On Campus" and click "Accept"
- Click "Request a University of Hartford Parking Permit"
- Select the Hartt Community Division Parking Permit from the pull down list and select "Continue". Do not do anything else. HCD students do not need to update any contact information nor do anything else. You do not have to pay for your permit. Contact the HCD if you do not have the free HCD permit option on this menu so we can correct this for you.
- Fill out the Add Vehicle form if necessary. Add all appropriate vehicles that you will have on campus (up to a maximum of two)
- Select a vehicle, and select "Process Permit Sale"
- Repeat as necessary to register each vehicle you will have parked on campus (maximum 2 per student)
- You are all set once your permit shows. You do not need to print anything out nor go to Public Safety. You do not need to display any permit in your car; your license plate will automatically be recognized by Public Safety.