How to Apply
- Complete and mail paper application (from brochure), audition DVD, and $50 application fee to:
University of Hartford
Hartt Community Division
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
Click here to download the brochure and paper application.
Application form, application fee, and DVD/file/YouTube link are due March 15, 2014. Late applications will be accepted only if space is still available.
- Students will be notified of their acceptance no later than April 1, 2014
- Enrollment Agreements, indicating a commitment to attend, need to be returned within two weeks of acceptance. This form can be found on the website (hcd.hartford.edu/decms)
- Chamber groups will be formed by the director during the audition process. Group assignments will be finalized by May 15 once final payments have been received. Music will be assigned around this time.
We highly encourage submission of a DVD audition. Video auditions will also be accepted electronically via a YouTube link or MP4 file. DVD’s and electronic links are due with the application.
- Auditions must be video recorded. No audio only auditions will be accepted.
- Students should submit at least 2 contrasting pieces that show their current playing level.
- Accompaniment is not required.
- Please see “Concerto Competition” guidelines if you wish to enter.