Summer Vocal Institute: Musical Theatre Intensive
SVI:MTI Professional Program, June 29 through July 10, 2015
SVI:MTI Junior Program, July 6 through July 11, 2015
The Summer Vocal Institute: Musical Theatre Intensive is a personalized performance day program designed for singers, actors and dancers who want to integrate their vocal, dramatic and dance skills and take them to the next level in a short period of time. SVI:MTI is designed to address the wide-ranging needs of the young performer. Participants will receive daily instruction in voice, acting and dance with individual coachings on acting, blocking and character-work, plus scene rehearsals culminating in showcase performances. Each year we offer a new focus on training in the performing arts and Q&A sessions with college faculty and industry professionals.
Musical and dramatic materials are assigned to each student based on their audition performance. With materials and roles tailored to each individual, participants have great opportunities to take risks, conquer challenges, and grow as performers.
SVI: MTI participants will focus on process and developing skills and then they will put their skills into action while staging scenes taken from the whole world of musical theatre.
- Open to students from age 14 to 20.
- Acceptance to the program is by audition.
- Live auditions are recommended.
- Online audition links to You tube and Vimeo videos are accepted from out-of-state applicants
Summer 2014 Information
Summer Vocal Institute: Musical Theatre Intensive (SVI:MTI) provides unique opportunities for young performers to develop and integrate their acting, singing and dancing skills, connect with industry professionals, and learn about different aspects of the musical theatre business.
Intensive 9-day program: A team of experienced and enthusiastic professionals, including Artistic Director Stuart Younse, Music Director Emmett Drake, and Choreographer Kate Morran, will create a whole new experience for SVI:MTI participants at Hartt’s newest state-of-the-art theatre and dance facility: the Handel Performing Arts Center.
Guest Artists and Master class teachers
plus….more surprise guests from the Broadway world – TBA!
- Wendy Bobbitt Cavett, Current Music Director of the Broadway mega-hit "Mamma Mia"
- Annmarie Davis, The Hartt School Theatre Dept. – Alexander Technique & Stage Movement
- Robert Davis, The Hartt School Theatre Department – Acting Voice and Speech
- Diana Moller-Marino, The Hartt School Theatre Dept – Auditioning Techniques
- Janelle Robinson, Veteran Broadway Performing Artist
- $775.00 - Includes all materials
- $25.00 - Registration fee
SVI:MTI 2013 Showcase Album