Summer Vocal Institute: Musical Theater Intensive 2013
July 1 - July 12, 2013 (New 2 Week Program)
Location: Handel Performing Arts Center
Explore dramatic relationships on stage and develop relationships offstage with professionals from the world of Musical Theatre
2013 Theme: It's All About Relationships
Summer Vocal Institute: Musical Theatre Intensive (SVI:MTI) provides unique opportunities for young performers to develop and integrate their acting, singing and dancing skills, connect with industry professionals, and learn about different aspects of the musical theatre business.
All New 2 Week Program: A new team of experienced and enthusiastic professionals, including Artistic Director Stuart Younse and Music Director Emmett Drake, will create a whole new experience for SVI:MTI participants in our new location: Hartt’s newest state-of-the-art theatre and dance facility: the Handel Performing Arts Center.
Final Showcase of Scenes:Friday, July 12 at 7:30 p.m. Roberts Theater, Handel Performing Arts Center
- Open to students entering 8th grade through grade 12, including recent graduates
- Acceptance to the program is by audition. Click here for more information
with Masterclasses by:
- Robert H. Davis, The Hartt School Theatre Department – Acting, Voice and Speech
- Diana Moller-Marino, The Hartt School Theatre Department
- Janelle Robinson, Veteran Broadway performer – currently starring in “Mary Poppins” at The New Amsterdam Theater, NYC
- Kim Graham, 2013 Golden Globe, 2012 Emmy Award Winning Casting Director from Judy Henderson Casting, Casting for Homeland series
- Tiffany Chion – Yoga for Singers
- Rae Tattenbaum, Inner Act’s Peak Performance Training Clinician
- Colin Britt – Vocal Coach/Accompanist
- Dan Campolieta - Accompanist
plus a variety of additional guest faculty
$775.00 Tuition (includes all materials)
- Registration Form coming soon
- Code of Conduct form coming soon
SVI:MTI is a program designed to address the wide-ranging needs of the budding stage performer. Our teachers do more than prepare students for a showcase, they strive to teach skills and share their experience in a way that sets a solid foundation for life in musical theatre.
Students have daily vocal instruction and rehearsals as well as classes in acting & improv and dance & movement. An important aspect of the program is uniting all the disciplines involved in musical theatre, developing a complete, well-rounded performer. Singers will learn to dance, actors will learn to sing, dancers will learn to act, and so forth! As an SVI:MTI participant you will strengthen your weaknesses and work with dedicated professionals who will help you combine these skills to produce a powerful performance.
Musical and dramatic materials are assigned to each student based on their audition performance. With materials and roles tailored to each individual, participants have great opportunities to take risks, conquer challenges, and grow as performers.
During Week 1 of SVI: MTI participants will focus on process and developing skills. During Week 2, they will work on putting skills into action while staging scenes that explore a broad spectrum of human relationships. Click here for more schedule information.