Minor in Dance (18 Credits)
The minor in dance is open by audition to all non-dance majors who wish to broaden their experience in dance in a formal program. Applicants must have previous training to at least an intermediate level of ballet.
To complete the minor in dance, students must register for a letter grade for all courses, receive a grade no lower than C in each course, and maintain a cumulative University GPA of 2.75.
- Meet with Amy Lesko to determine the requirements for course selection, examination, interview and audition.
- Audition for and be approved by Dance Division Director
- When officially accepted into the minor, the University's "Change of Curriculum Status" form must be completed to add the minor. This form requires the signatures of the primary academic advisor and dean(University major), as well as Hartt's Academic Advisor and Evaluator.
- DFA 120, 121, 220, 221: Classical Ballet Technique 6 credits (2 credits for 3 semesters)
- THE 6 CREDITS OF BALLET TECHNIQUE MUST BE COMPLETED IN THREE CONSECUTIVE SEMESTERS.
- DFA 124 Martha Graham Technique: Fall 1 credit
- DFA 127 Contemporary Dance Forms: Spring 1 credit
- DFA 150 Improvisation: Spring 1 credit
- DFA 250 Elements of Composition: Spring 2 credits
- DFA 125 Martha Graham Technique: Spring 1 credit
- DFA 224 Martha Graham Technique: Fall 1 credit
- DFA 226 Contemporary Dance Forms: Fall 1 credit
SELECT A MINIMUM OF SIX CREDITS
TOTAL CREDITS: 18
- DFA 170 Dance History I: Spring (3 credits)
- DFA 171 Dance History II: Fall (3 credits)
- DFA 270 Kinesiology I: Spring (3 credits)
- DFA 140 Fundamentals of Movement: Fall (3 credits)
- DFA 130 Ballet Pedagogy: Fall (3 credits)
- DFA 240 Dance Pedagogy: Fall (2 credits)
The Minor in Dance is open by audition to all non-dance majors who wish to broaden their experience in dance in a formal program. APPLICANTS MUST HAVE PREVIOUS TRAINING TO AT LEAST AN INTERMEDIATE LEVEL OF BALLET.
To complete the Minor in Dance, students must register for a letter grade for all courses, receive a grade no lower than a C in each course, and maintain a university GPA of 2.75.